Saturday, July 14, 2018

Light Years Away

Mister moon glimmers as it followed me home tonight
He stares at me as I sit by the window of our beat up car
I wonder if he heard the whispers I heave at the sky
As he look into my eyes and marvel why it’s sad

I wonder if he can see you from light years away
I wonder if he can tell that I love you just the same
That even if you live in a different world now I still remember your face
And that your name never left my tongue even up to this day

I used to imagine what melancholy feels
Is it like hiccups when your heart loses oxygen?
And you feel the need to press your nostrils, cover your mouth and then start counting to ten
Photo credits to: http://www.everythingun until you can’t breathe then you start counting to ten
Is it sleeping tired and waking up feeling more exhausted?
Or maybe it’s the sense of drowning in your own tears but you gave smiles instead

It’s heartbreaking to see the world forget about you day by day
And how I’m left feeling exactly the same the day you went away
My only dream was to grow old holding your hands
But dear life didn’t seem to understand

The holy book says you leave every memory you had in this life when you pass on
Now I’m afraid I might have lost you forever -- gone
That no matter how hard I try not to forget
When God moves his hands everything cannot be kept

Now tell me how do I capture a star that used to be mine?
How do I tell him I waited so long for a sign?
How do I make him remember we kept each other’s secrets?
And that I still have our picture hanging in my locket

Tell me how do we recover what used to be ours?
The memories, happy or sad that was stolen from us
I wish there is a parallel universe hiding from afar
An alternate world where we’ll never be apart








No comments:

Post a Comment