Friday, October 20, 2017

Your 8th


Rei Paas-Rance's Slidely by Slidely Slideshow


Babe, I know you know that the passed 11 months has really been tough for Mama but I am blessed to have you because you are smart and wise beyond your years. You understand that I am hurting and still trying to cope with our loss. I remember the day before Christmas I woke up with such a heavy heart that I started crying. I didn't mean for you to see me like that and worry you but emotions can be immense at times and Mama was a little too helpless and just gave in. And then you started rubbing my back and hugged me so tight that I felt so loved by you. It was as if we were three again.
I'm sorry if at times I get mad at you but it's because I want you to understand what you did wrong and learn a lesson from it. I know not every one approves or understands the way I discipline you. Mama may be a little too tough on you sometimes but  that doesn't mean I don't love you. It's just that I want you to realize how hard life is in the real world and it wouldn't care if you're hurting or not. I want your heart to be tough yet still soft and capable to love and be loved. And if at times Mama doesn't give you what you want it's not because I don't want to  but because I want you to know the importance of patience. That you cannot get everything you want all at once, that it takes time and hard work for you to hold what you want in your hands.

Mama may have a lot of shortcomings but I want you to know that I'm trying so hard to be the best mom for you. A few years from now you may see Mama as a villain, for trying to contradict and control you but I pray that God may make your heart so sensible that you'll understand that I just want to fulfill the pact that Papa and I made the moment we had you and that's for you to grow up to be a fine young man. We want you to be strong and learn how to take responsibility for all of your actions. We only hope for you to grow with such a big heart that no hurtful words could ever tear you down.

I know you miss Papa as much as I do and that every time we do something together we always wish that he's still here with us. If only Mama could turn back the time you know that I would. But even though Papa's no longer with us know that wherever he is, he's watching over us and still looks after you just like before. You may no longer hear his big voice calling your name and the sound of his laughter like the days when you guys used to play or feel the warmth of his embrace and the touch of his lips on your cheeks as he kiss you goodnight but always remember that he loves you as much as when you can still see, hear and feel him.  Babe, our life here on earth is a borrowed time and you'll never know when your time is up so never forget to thank God for giving you another chance to live and another day to correct your mistakes. Papa and I want you to enjoy life. We always want to see that big smile of yours and want nothing but to see and feel that you are happy.
I want you to know that you are the greatest gift of God to us (Mama and Papa). Ever since the day we found out that we will have you, our hearts were filled with such overwhelming joy. We were very much excited to see you come out to this world so we want nothing but the best and what's good for you.
Put into your heart what Papa always tells you to do. To think before you act. To always listen before you speak. And as for me, always listen to your heart, do the things you love and never be afraid to fail because if you do I'm just right here to help you get up and try again. Learn how to be patient because not all things in this world come in handy. Waiting is a game and those who are patient and hopeful always end up to be victors. Happy happy 8th birthday babe! Mama and Papa loves you with all our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment