Friday, December 8, 2017

I Miss You

From up there I know you see the stars better than I do
And I hate that I would miss to catch that view with you
And the high I get when I see your eyes all aglow
That inexplicable feeling that only we know

I wish I could still listen to you dreaming
Or hear your voice that calmed the chaos in me
I wish I could still feel your hugs and kisses
Or the crevices on your face whenever you're smiling

I miss the blanket wars and how you always choose to make me win
And when it gets too cold, under the covers you'll just slip your left foot in
I miss breathing in the air you breathe out
And the funny noises you make when you snore so loud
I miss watching you sleep while I trace your nose and lips with my fingertips
And the feeling I get when I'm sleeping right next to your heartbeat

I miss our little trips down at a local store,walking as our nostrils get filled with the scent of petrichor
I miss the movie nights turned into planning and building dreams cause the film either fell short or we got a little too bored
I miss those simple things that made me feel good inside
Those little things that now never fails to make me cry

I know these scars will forever bleed
No matter how I try to conceal
They say that time heals all wounds but it isn't true
Just like infinities never ends but they do

I want you to know that I've already forgiven you love for not keeping your promise
For leaving me too soon to harbor bittersweet memories
But please forgive me too for keeping you a bit longer
I may seem unwilling but each day without you gets a little harder

Everyday I still wish to see you coiled up in my dream-catcher
Until the day I've collected all the strength I could gather
To unclipped your wings I've held on for far too long
To let you soar free, have your peace and finally let you go







2 comments:

  1. Greetings from the UK. I enjoyed reading this poetic piece.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete