Friday, October 16, 2020

Flowing Stream

The flow of stream is controlled by three (3) inputs. The surface water, subsurface water and the groundwater. The first two (2) inputs are highly variable depending on the amount of rainfall while the groundwater on the other hand is constant.

These inputs are quite relative to my relationship with God. The surface water and the subsurface water represents my “FAITH” and the groundwater represents “GOD”. In life we encounter different highs and lows. It’s easy for us to rejoice with the Lord when good things happen, like an out of town vacation, getting a promotion, an answered prayer or even an extra point in your academics. These things gives that inclination to thank God for the good. But there are also moments when it’s so hard to lift up a praise especially at times when life really hits us hard. Like losing your job, financial instability or losing a love one. The overwhelming amount of pain of that loss consumes us. It eats us up inside, making us lose our self-confidence, our focus. Our emotions often redirects our attention to brokenness, making us question God. It’s a test of faith that most of the time we end up failing. But since “GOD” is my groundwater, the only steadfast in this ever changing world, a loyal friend who lives within me, I am constantly reminded that no matter how hard the rain pours, and no matter how high the storm surges I can always cling to the hope that God is my savior and the promise that He will deliver me will never return void.

Rhea means flowing stream. I am a flowing stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment